Followers

Thursday 21st June

Departed Llanbedr at noon after a fine breakfast. Bacon sausage black pudding beans tomatoes toast - and that's two of everything. I must be putting on weight. Memo to self - check weight & balance! The runway at Llanbedr is about 2 km long so I taxied back only a few himdred yards and with the wind ahead took off quickly and climbed out northwards. Decided to visit Port Merion where the prisoners was filmed. I decided to touch and go on the beach, but the beach was a little softer than I imagined and I couldn't lift off. Meanwhile Adtian Jones who is also a shadow pilot was cicling above. He pointed out where ge could see former sand and I motored towards it and took off. Flew past the village and then past Harlech castle and onwards to Haverfordwest. The wind was just as strong at Haverfordewst and I landed on the runway, turning off before the numbers and parked at the apron. We had a meal on the cafe then made a couple of trips to the garage for fuel and 2 stroke oil. Departed at about 5.50pm - arrived Westonzoyland at quarter to eight. Met the others who were ahead of me in the pub. We have eaten so well this week that I decided on a light meal of scampi chips and peas. I was wondering whether the peas would count as one of my 5 a day. The other 4 were Mars Bars!