Followers

Sunday 24th June

We had a good evening last night, sitting around the fire and chatting. This morning I counted the Fly-UK aircraft at the airfield. Total 47. A really good turn out for the last day and one of the best. We had a group photo at about 9.30 while the breakfasts were being served and consumed. It must have taken two hours to serve everyone. it certainly took a very long time and was probably too much work for one person. I think the cafe needs turbo-charging. The first aircraft left at about 8.30 but everyone else left after breakfast. I went down to the beach for a swim, though it was only a quick dip. I waded out, swam a few strokes to get my head under then swam back to shore. It doesn't count if you don't get your hair wet! By about 1.30 I was on my way back to Plaistows airfield (St Albans) my home airfield. It was an uneventful flight and landing 1.5 hours later. Aircraft hangar rd, luggage packed into car, 20 minutes drive back. All over for another year. If you have followed this blog please consider going to our charity page at www.fly-uk.org Just hit the link to Support our Charity and put a few pounds in. We are aiming to collect £7000 this year. Currently there is £4633 including gift aid, and I know that it will exceed £6000. Just a few pounds from each of you will ensure that our target is reached. Thanks for reading my blog. Tom G-MWDB Shadow microlight